The Lauren & Kristen Show

If you don't like it, get your own show.

Monday, December 11, 2006

In Production!

Tom the Producer here.

We're finally filming! We actually shot about fifteen minutes-worth of footage Saturday. It is hi-freaking-larious. The girls were initially a little awkward in front of the camera and all the bright lights we had rigged up but after a little bit they found their groove. We had a white-board behind the camera and we would write topics on them and put them up. Lauren and Kristen would then do what they do best - rant spontaneously and hilariously on the given subject. They never go in the direction you think they're going to with something, which is what makes it so much fun. I think I gave myself a hernia trying to stifle laughter behind the camera. When people see the show they're going to be amazed that it is basically unscripted.

So when will you see the show? Soon! Really! We actually have some teasers that will be posted here within the next couple of days. The first full length episode will be out before the end of the year.

If you don't know Lauren and Kristen, nothing I say or do can prepare you for how funny this is going to be. The teasers will give you a little taste of that, hopefully.

The girls also have a love of all things geek, which gives them a special place in my heart. I was overjoyed to discover, in reviewing what we had shot so far, that Kristen snuck in a Simpson's reference. They also gave us what I think is the most penetrating analysis of Blu-ray versus HD-DVD ever committed to digital video.

Speaking of which, the whole show is very DIY. We're shooting with borrowed cameras in my old bedroom at my parents house. Our lighting system is rigged out of work lamps we bought at Home Depot. I shouldn't be telling you this so that you'll think we're serious pros, but the reality is that figuring out how to do all the stuff we want on the cheap is half the fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When do I get to begin charging rent! grin

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home